Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Easy Skillet Beef and Peppers

In hono(u)r of our blog "re-launch," here's one to start us off.

(Re-posted from www.wecaneatthis.blogspot.com)

Before now, when I had a bunch of green peppers from the garden, I made stuffed peppers (or stuffed "mangoes" as my west-side family used to call them). The other night, I was looking for a quick meal that used up a bunch of green peppers. I browned and drained about 3/4 pounds ground beef, then chopped one onion and 3 peppers and sauteed them in 1 tablespoon or so of olive oil added to the beef. Then, I sprinkled in some salt and pepper and added 1 can of tomato soup plus around 1/2 soup can of water. I let this simmer for a bit then mixed in about 3/4 c cooked brown rice and some cheese. I used muenster and cheddar because I had them, but you could try all sorts of cheeses. My picky family LOVED it. Tim even told me how much better it was than those awful stuffed peppers I make. Funny, it's the EXACT same ingredients assembled a little differently. I think he doesn't like to have to cut his food!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh....that was very sweet of you to put an honourary 'u' in your post for me! :)

    ReplyDelete