Friday, October 25, 2013

Apple Pie

This is Nancy Case's (Tim's mom's) recipe for apple pie.  To turn it into gluten-free apple crisp, I just made it without crust and used gluten-free flour. The last time I made this, I used Johnathon, Melrose, and Honey Crisp apples.  Good stuff!

1/2 cup sugar (Mom says a little more, I say a little less!)
6-8 apples (for a medium - large sized pie dish - I say squeeze in as many as you can)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon flour

Peel and slice the apples (I love them thinly sliced!).  Combine the apples with the remaining ingredients above in a big bowl.  Mix well.  Place this mixure into a pie plate (with or without the crust!).   Mix together:

1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar (again, I use a little less)

and drop by small amounts over the top of the pie.  (If you leave the butter unmelted and cut it in, you get a more uniform topping, but I like it chunky!)  Bake at 400F for 40-50 minutes or until the bubbles don't break.

No comments:

Post a Comment